RICOTTA GNOCCHI WITH GLOBE ARTICHOKES AND PARMESAN GLAZE
FOR THE GNOCCHI:
250g ricotta cheese
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp semolina
- Put the ricotta into a pan and heat stirring continually until it comes to the boil.
- Sprinkle the semolina and the nutmeg onto the ricotta with a pinch of salt.
- Cook the ricotta mix stirring continually over a low heat until the mix has become very thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the parmesan and egg yolks and beat them in well.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll the mix into 1cm diameter sausages.
- Cut these into 2cm long gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water for 2 minutes until they rise to the surface.
- Drain the gnocchi and place onto serving plates.
FOR THE ARTICHOKES:
8 cooked artichokes
600ml double cream
3 egg yolks
6 tbsp fresh grated parmesan
6 tbsp flaked almonds
- Cut the artichokes into four and place the eight pieces onto the plate with the gnocchi.
- Bring the cream to the boil with the cream to taste.
- Add the parmesan to the cream and whisk of the heat until the parmesan has melted completely.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the cream and pour it over the artichokes and gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the flaked almonds and a little more parmesan over the top of the artichokes.
- Gratinate the artichokes under a hot grill until the surface turns a golden brown and the almonds are slightly toasted.
- Serve immediately.