GRILLED RED MULLET, SLICED MANGO, AVOCADO SALSA
12 fillets red mullet, pin-bones removed
2 ripe Indian mangoes
1 ripe Hass avocado
1 red chilli
4 spring onions
1 clove garlic
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the mangoes and cut them in half lengthways and remove the stones.
- Slice the mangoes into 2mm thick semi circles set them aside.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut it into a 1cm dice.
- Put the avocado into a bowl with the lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the chilli in half lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Cut the chilli into a 2mm dice and add it to the avocado.
- Finely slice the spring onions and add to the avocado.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic and add to the avocado.
- Add the olive oil into the bowl and mix it through evenly.
- Lightly season the mullet fillets with salt and place them skin side up onto a lightly oiled tray.
- Drizzle the fillets with a little olive oil and cook them under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes until the fish has just cooked through.
- Squeeze a little lime juice onto each piece of fish.
- Place the slices in a row onto each plate.
- Place a fish fillet on top of the mango slices.
- Top the fish with a quenelle of the avocado salsa and serve.