CHERRY AND CHOCOLATE TART
For the pastry case
100g unsalted butter
90g icing sugar
1 1/2 eggs, beaten
300g plain flour
- Place the cold diced butter into a bowl with the flour and ruc together with your fingertips until it reaches a breadcrumb consistency.
- Sift in th icing sugar and salt into the bowl and stir it in until evenly mixed.
- Beat the eggs together and stir into the flour mix.
- Knead the mix gently until it comes together in a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours overnight.
- Roll the dough out to about 3mm thickness on a floured surface and line six 9cm tartlet moulds which have been greased and floured.
- Rest the pastry in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Fill the tartlets with blind-baking beans and back in the oven at 180c for 20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through.
- Remove the beans and cool the tartlet case on a wire rack.
For the Cherries
250g cherries, pitted
25g caster sugar
- Put the sugar and kirsch into a pan, warm gently and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the cherries into a bowl and pour the warm kirsch over them.
- Cling film the bowl and when cool, store the cherries in the fridge overnight.
To cook the tart
150g dark chocolate at 60% cocoa solids
135ml double cream
- Put the milk and cream into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the chocolate using a whisk, mix until the chocolate dissolves completely.
- Beat the egg into the chocolate mix whisking vigorously.
- Place 8-10 whole cherries in each pastry case and then pour the warm tart mix into the moulds.
- Cook in the oven at 150°C for around 8 minutes. When cooked, the mix should set like a custard and have a smooth shiny surface.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and leave to cool.